Tuesday, June 06, 2006

As U Like It (This)

This blog is the result of list of conversations I have been having with people who I know on “ I know who he is” basis.

Given my talkative nature ( a true blue Geminian that I m ), I garnish my gibberish on almost every other prey I hit. This time for a difference, I decided to understand the prey better. Well… (lemme not give you the National Geographic channel effect….)

I just thought I will let people steer the conversation and let me run with their flow.

There was one strain that was common across my preys ( err ..! Sorry for that effect again). I LIKE .. I HATE .. U LIKE ..!

What I found interesting in these conversations is people are more than eager to let the world know what they want. By doing this, they successfully save time, remove any scope of misconceptions. (Be it as simple as watching HP together and later realizing how tough it had been for your friend!!)

But on the other hand, I find this message too “Listen boss, this is what I like; if its going to be something else…! Well a big Sorry!”

Though the message is loud and clear, I bit of Compulsive ego also hangs loose on such statement. I using the word “Compulsive Ego” because it’s being brought into the picture purposely (serves cosmetic purpose though!).

The next few minutes of conversations goes about “ I LIKE WAT YOU HATE, U LIKE WAT I HATE” kinda stuff!

Well……. All said and done..Oops.. All heard and written, its high time I hit back to my original form…Talk … Talk and Talk!

13 comments:

Naren said...

“Listen boss, this is what I like; if its going to be something else…! Well a big Sorry!”
Some people would hesitate to say it fearing that they might sound rude!

"Talk … Talk and Talk!" - U LIKE WAT I HATE :P LOL!

Blue Panther said...

Well while its true that most of us like others to know what we like and what we dont but it is also true, beyond a shadow of doubt, that only those who take care to understand what others like and dont like are people who are liked. Too many likes in that.:)

Blue Panther said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

nice one Naren!
may be i like wat u hate and thts why we are still able to complimnt each other !
Bluepanther ....the conversations are one way communicaiton.. u talk .. i shut my ears .. i talk u shut the ears ...
and with watever has manged to enter thru the closed ears .. we will argue!

aditya said...

well. divinity for me is just a security blanket.. will deal with that the next time.. god and the omnipresent... so u do yahoo?

aditya said...

as far as this post goes...

the main reason that ppl jabber is that deep down there is a fear.. this can be of many things.. also there are cases when a person who jabbers does it so that he or she is looked at in a different light compared to what he or she is really.
it is really hard to talk about anything that one does not have a command on. the main reason that one goes into "i like, i hate, u like, u hate" discussions is that it is subjective, making conversation much simpler. and the other person can argue.. cant change the views...

and the bottom line is that these converstaions form an easy method of breaking the ice, talking something of no consequence and then leaving...:D

prem said...

..ya everyone wants someone with whom s/he can share their feelings, what they think, they watn in life....and thats y there is need for good listening skills..
....dont u feel sometimes de same? the need for someone who just listens to whatever u say..
but, obviously, if it becomes Compulsive then thats hazaar painful

pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

@aditya.. i do yahoo.. guessi saw ur offliner.. sorry cldnt get back on them !

well,,,on jabber being aN ICE BREAKER.. I BEG TO DIFFER...
if at all... people should get along only thru their likes and dislikes life would becme far tooo boring! its often better to let life spring surprises!

Prem..
Compulsive talking would obviously turn person down .. but if the speaker is confidant that the listner wldnt mind popping up couple of pain killer after the sermon... i find no problem even in complusive gibberish!
after all its the closeness in relationship that matters!

aditya said...

@
if at all... people should get along only thru their likes and dislikes life would becme far tooo boring! its often better to let life spring surprises!

Agreed.. but then there is a difference between acquantainces and friends. and between friends and close friends. and there are a lot of transitions between the groups. and impressions form a big part. as far as suprises go, they make life worth living. however can one make a life based on suprises rather than reality. i mean i am happier knowing where my next meal is coming from if u know what i mean.
PS. faith in divinity is up and running...

Anonymous said...

hey this is abishek. If you are the pushkala I saw yesterday say hi :)

Anonymous said...

Hee_hee :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Push
what did u want to convey through this piece of text remains unclear...u hv sheilded the basic content of it...nothin is clear...what is the soul of this post?

waht actually u wanted to say?

Boopalam said...

Well I agree with the anon comment.. WHAT WERE U TRYING TO SAY? Seems like you were ref to a specific instance/event.

Still, concept of listening is indeed going down... Well, many indeed feel, if its not instant gratification... increase volume rt?